Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Update

Well it's 2009. A brand new year, full of possibilities. This is shaping up to be the most exciting year of my life so far. Here's a list of things that I'm looking forward to in the next 365 days:

- Leaving this craptastical island. I've hit the peak of my tolerance for blatant ass-baggery. I have two weeks left here, before I make the trip back to the magical land of McDonalds, Safeway, and loads of pizza. I hear gas prices have dropped, that's something else to look forward to.

- Moving on from this job. I don't get treated like I think I should, and the institution itself even refuses to promote me. Sure, that's partly on me... but the ratio is off. I have a grand total of 9 weeks left, of which I'll do maybe two weeks or actual work. Most people are nervous or scared when they don't have anything solid lined up for work, but I think going to school is gonna be perfect for me.

-A vacation. I'm in desperate need of one, so my friends and I (and hopefully the GF) are going to head up to the mountains of Canada and hit the slopes. It's looking like there will be a decent turnout, so I'm pretty happy about that.

- Going home to see the family for a week or so at the end of March. Haven't seen everyone in quite a while, so that should be nice.

- MOVING TO HAWAII. I'm more excited about this one than everything else combined. It's a dramatic move, sure... but my gut tells me that it's completely the right decision. Things are going extremely well with the girlfriend, and I can't wait to see how far we will go. I feel like I have found the perfect compliment to my life in her, and I am very hopeful. No one has ever just let me be me before, and it makes me happy. Really happy. [Everything from this point in my plans involves her, and that is a comfortable feeling.]

-Meeting the GF's parents sometime this summer. Her brother is getting married, so we are flying to California for all the hooplah. I think that I'll get along well with them, so I'm looking forward to meeting them.

- School starts this fall, really stoked about that. Electrical Engineering should be pretty simple (ha!).

- If everything falls into place the way it should, we should be flying her parents AND my parents to Hawaii for Thanksgiving. That should be interesting, and fun.

- If she can get a little bit of leave for Christmas I'm gonna drag her to Maryland so she can meet my family and friends, which will be nice too.

That's an entire year's worth of things to be completely excited about, along with all the little things that will happen in between. Needless to say, I am looking forward to 2009.

Last but not least, my New Year's Resolution: Continue to be pretty fucking awesome.

1 comment:

Erin said...

that's great man. i'm glad that you have so much to look forward to. i've always thought that life is always much better when you have your sights set on the future! now my project is to find something to get excited about haha

anyway, sounds like 09 should be a good year for you... i sure hope so