Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend in the snow.

Well, I went snowboarding for the 2nd time on this long weekend. I've gotten a lot better since starting out two years ago, but I have a long way to go. I have realized that there are some things that are better started as a child, and one of these things is snowboarding. I'm far too afraid to take risks as an adult, and that bothers me a little. Going 40mph down an icy mountain probably would have been sweet when I was 10. I did it today, and I thought I was going to cry. I even remember thinking to myself, man... I am probably going to injure myself here. That's not the frame of mind to be in going that fast. Self doubt? Maybe. Intelligence? Perhaps. Could even be a mix of both. The problem that I am finding more and more, is how do I visualize the positive in the heat of the moment? When it's all on the line, how do you push through? I think that's something to work towards. More on this later.

3 comments:

- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- said...

Sorry misspelled a few words before....

Glad you didn't cry. That would probably be weird. Looks like you had a blast tho. At least you didn't wait at a restaurant for a guy who didn't show then he had a crazy ass car losing story. Besides, snow is good for you... you're a heat bomb, fox.

Erin said...

Hey what comment did you delete? I agree w/ Tara - crying would be weird. I'll comment more later when I can concentrate.